COVID-19 Preparedness Statement
Halstad Telephone Company places the safety and health of our employees and members as a top priority. HTC is taking proactive steps to ensure the continued safety and health by establishing the following practices as it relates to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- In order to do our part to stop the spread of this virus, we are asking our members and clients to call our office for any business transaction rather than visiting our office. Steps our members and customers can take to limit visits to one of our offices:
- Call us to help troubleshoot your problems over the phone (Call 218-456-2125 or 800-457-2125) or use our online support feature “Get In Touch” on our website (www.halstadtel.com/support/contact-us/) during regular office hours. Many technical problems can be resolved without having to come in or for us to send out a technician.
- Pay your bill by mail, online, or by phone. You can also drop off your payment at our secure payment drop box outside each of our offices in Halstad and Hillsboro.
- If a technician is needed to come to your home or business, we will be asking if you or anyone in your premise has shown signs of any respiratory illness in the last 24 hours. For the protection of our employees and members, we are directing our technicians to avoid contact with customers showing signs of respiratory illness.
- If you have an appointment scheduled and develop an illness, please contact our office to reschedule the appointment.
- We encourage all of our employees, members, clients, friends and family to practice the recommended prevention measures, including:
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Alternatively, use hand sanitizer if soap and water is not available.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Stay at home if you are sick and until you have been symptom free for 24 hours.
Cover your cough or sneeze.
Clean your work area and homes regularly.
Though we love to see our members, friends and clients personally, we feel these steps are necessary at this time to prevent the further spread of illness. We will keep you up to date as developments arise.
Additional COVID-19 Information Websites.
CDC – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-novc/index.html
MN Dept. of Health – https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html
ND Health Dept. – https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus